These free audio guides feature the inspiring words of ecologists, artists, and others as they reflect on the many faces of Lakeshore Preserve. Openlands thanks The Boeing Company for its generous support of the podcasts.
Each track lasts 3–7 minutes and offers a distinct experience of this unique natural area. Although they are designed to illuminate aspects of the site itself, these podcasts can be experienced anywhere—at home, in a classroom or office, or even during your journey to the Preserve.
Click on the links below to listen—the tracks are not sequential, so feel free to play in any order.
- The Story of the Preserve [Transcript]
- Preserving the Preserve [Transcript]
- Access to Nature [Transcript]
Birding at the Openlands Lakeshore Preserve
- Messengers from Afar: Birds of the Preserve [Transcript]
Lake Michigan Shoreline
- Lake Prism [Transcript]
Artworks in Bartlett Ravine
- Arc of Nature [Transcript]
- Erode [Transcript]
- Leaf and Earthbark Prisms [Transcript]
- Reading the Landscape [Transcript]
- Soil: Alive with Life [Transcript]